1. *Open Source Writers Group
<http://www.ibiblio.org/oswg/docs/writers.html>*: Join this group
to get lots of great writing resources.
2. *OpenOffice Writer <http://www.openoffice.org/>*: OpenOffice
Writer offers a fully featured, familiar, and easy to use word
3. *wikidPad <http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad>*: Use this wiki-style
notepad to keep your ideas and notes together, and even
4. *AbiWord <http://www.abisource.com/>*: AbiWord is one of the most
popular open source word processors available.
5. *WordIt <http://sourceforge.net/projects/wordit>*: WordIt is a
simple, small word processor with advanced features.
6. *Amaya <http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/354700>*: With this
web editing program, you'll be able to update and edit your
content right on the Web.
7. *Bean <http://www.bean-osx.com/>*: Use this lightweight word
processor to easily write and edit.
8. *PDF Creator <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator>*: PDF
Creator offers a simple way to create new PDF files.
9. *Scribus <http://www.scribus.net/>*: Use Scribus as a writing tool
and desktop publishing solution.
10. *yWriter <http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter4.html>*: Designed
specifically for writers, yWriter will keep you focused and organized.
Jarnal offers a great way to take notes, annotate documents, and more.
12. *Kword <http://www.osalt.com/kword>*: This tool offers frame-based
13. *RoughDraft <http://www.salsbury.f2s.com/rd.htm>*: This tool is
great for organizing stories or screenplays.
14. *NotePad++ <http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm>*:
NotePad++ is the open source version of Microsoft's NotePad.
15. *NeoOffice <http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php>*: In
this open source suite, you'll find a word processor for Mac users.
16. *TiddlyWiki <http://www.tiddlywiki.com/>*: TiddlyWiki is a wiki
style notebook that makes it easy for you to take notes or hang
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4891 (20100223) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.